Monday 8 October 2012

Week 6 Weigh-In Result!

This is quite exciting. I lost 2.4lbs this week, which brings my total loss since the 27th August to:

TEN POUNDS!

Ten whole pounds! YES. I've gone from 205.6 to 195.6 in 6 weeks. WOOHOO! 200 is still lurking close by, though - it feels like it's only ever one pig-out away from being back there. I don't think I'll ever really feel safe from slipping back into the 200s until I lose another 10, but it's enough for me right now that I've managed to stay in onderland for the last three weeks. That's awesome.

I haven't been this weight since March. If I carry on like this, then in the next few weeks I'll be at weights I haven't been at for over a year - which is so exciting. I can't believe that something I'm doing is finally working and that I'm losing weight. I had begun to lose hope that I could even do it, since my body had become so successful at maintaining my weight for years in the 190s without me even doing anything.

I'm not really sure if the weight loss is visible, yet. My clothes don't feel too different - maybe my jeans are a little bit looser. I'm looking forward to my next goal, which will be to lose another 10lbs (185.6lbs). Hopefully by then, there'll be a visible change. I remember weighing 185 last spring, before we went to Florida - and being so happy because I was definitely smaller. I was wearing things I haven't dreamed of trying to put on since then, and I felt so much better about myself. It's really exciting to know that that's ahead of me.

It was my ninth wedding anniversary on Wednesday night, so M and I went out for a super fancy meal. So, I've got quite a bit to put on this week's Food List of Shame:

  • Chocolate chip brioche bun thing
  • McDonald's big mac meal with medium fries
  • Caramel macchiato
  • Starbucks blueberry muffin
  • Way too many tangfastics (sweets/candy)
  • Fish and chips
  • 3 course fancy meal, ending with peanut butter cheesecake and caramelised bananas
  • Glass of wine and a half a pint of beer
  • Wagamama: chicken raisukaree and ebi gyoza (omg, so good)
  • Sausage and chips
  • Another big mac
That's a pretty impressive list. You're probably wondering how I managed to eat all that and still lose weight - well, I was still within my calorie goal. So basically we're talking about bad food choices, which is something I definitely need to work on. M and I are trying to cut down on spending, so we're going to try and spend less when we're out and about, and just eat at home. I quite like the healthy stuff we eat at home, anyway - we make really good stir-frys and salads, and I like making homemade tomato sauce and having that with pasta or gnocchi or whatever. It's good.

This week we're also going to hopefully start going to the gym at the university, twice a week. I have to be honest here - I didn't do a kettlebell workout at all last week and well, I think I'm getting a little bit bored with it. So it'll be nice to be able to use some new weights or machines or whatever it is I'm going to be doing. And M will be with me, I think it'll be really nice to do our workouts together. I think I'd feel a bit daunted going to the gym on my own.

Anyway, I've got to go - but to summarise: things are really good right now. :D

2 comments:

  1. Well done, you are doing fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, week 6 and 10 pounds lost! that's some great stuff.

    i like your idea of a list of shameful foods, i couldn't imagine what would be on mine.

    ReplyDelete